Printfriendly

Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

no

Featured Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

yes

Display Instagram Footer

no

Dark or Light Style

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Banana Crumb Muffins



Holy moly, do these taste good!

So good that I decided to spare you the intro and just get straight to the point over here. I've made banana cupcakes before. I've made banana muffins. I've made banana bread. I've made banana cream pie. But if you really want to enjoy a banana, you've got to have it in these banana crumb muffins. If it isn't enough that the muffin itself is so moist and purely decadent, it also has a delicious crunchy brown sugar/cinnamon melt-in-your-mouth topping that makes it the crème de la crème of all banana desserts. 


I feel like at this point I should say "but you don't have to take my word for it"...but that would sound so Reading Rainbow. On that note, I'm just going to say, you HAVE to try these. You are missing out if you don't. No other banana concoction can measure up to this. And if there is, then please, by all means, give me the recipe. I always love a challenge.

(But is it really a challenge if I already won?)

Banana Crumb Muffins

Yield: 12 muffins

Print Friendly and PDF

Ingredients:

1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.

In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.

In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.

Recipe from Allrecipes.com

You Might Also Like

No comments

Post a Comment

Follow @confessionsofaconfectionista