Printfriendly

Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

no

Featured Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

yes

Display Instagram Footer

no

Dark or Light Style

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Graduation Cupcakes



It's that time of the year again, ladies and gents. Graduation season is upon us. And we all know what that means...PARTYYYY! Many, many parties. Big parties, small parties, pool parties, house parties. But no matter what kind of party it is, I can assure you, it won't be complete without these adorable cupcakes.



They are too cute for words. The graduation cap is made out of a Reese's peanut butter cup and a Ghirardelli chocolate square, and the tassel is made out of a fruit roll up with a mini M&M placed in the center of the chocolate square as the finishing touch. The diploma, which may appear to be made out of fondant, is actually made out of a vanilla flavored Tootsie Roll, and the "ribbon" it's tied with is also a piece of Fruit Roll-Up. 



The way I elaborately worked on these cupcakes, you'd think I was presenting them to the Queen of England. But I was actually making them for a kindergarten graduation, and guess what? They were my first PAID order! I know, I couldn't believe my ears either! But then when reality set in, so did the pressure. I have a history of things coming out bad whenever I actually need to make them for an occasion. And I did not need that happening this time around.



So I did what any normal person would do. I made sure all my chocolate was refrigerated so that there was no way I would run into problems with it melting when I was handling it. Not that the weather called for it, but you know me, always one step ahead of the game. Wrong. I'm actually like three steps behind the game. No scratch that, I'm not even in the game. They put me on the bench because of how slow I am. Refrigerating chocolate actually makes matters worse because when you take it out of the fridge, condensation happens. At least, that's the case for chocolate that isn't properly covered.



Since the chocolate was packaged before I used it, it didn't give me a problem when I took it out the fridge and assembled the cap. But then, when I put the caps in the fridge uncovered to cool before I attached their tassels, condensation formed and it was a little tricky to handle them that way.  Lesson noted. I simply left them out at room temperature after I attached their tassels and averted another condensation crisis. After that, it was just a matter of being patient because molding those Tootsie Rolls into diplomas was a little time-consuming, but worth it nonetheless.



Although I'm sure the kiddies didn't care much about how the cupcakes looked, I know they were certainly looking forward to their taste. And I think I nailed it with this doctored up cake mix recipe for the cupcakes, as well as the extra special toppings. I'm not sure how much their parents appreciated the sugar high I probably gave them though...ah well. YOGKO. You only graduate kindergarten once!

You Might Also Like

No comments

Post a Comment

Follow @confessionsofaconfectionista