Printfriendly

Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

no

Featured Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

yes

Display Instagram Footer

no

Dark or Light Style

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Mango Lassi Muffins



So apparently, mangoes taste exactly like peaches when you put them in baked goods. Who knew? This whole time I could have been making mango cobbler, people. Can you imagine? Oh, my dad would have loved me. He loves mangoes. He's actually the reason why I made these muffins. Daddy got a little mango happy at the store and all the mangoes got ripe at once, so I was called to the rescue.

And by called, I mean persistently nagged by my mother whom I love very much...on select days. JK I love her all the time but man, that woman is relentless. And I'd be lying if I said I didn't see alot of myself in her. So anyways, I suppose I should admit that my mother's nagging was well-deserved because I already had this recipe bookmarked from FIVEever ago, I was just being lazy. And you know how I can't stand when people ask me to do things.


Plus, I had none of the ingredients required for a significant component of the muffins. And I certainly don't like going halfway with a recipe....but sometimes you have to. The woman gets what she wants, I'm telling you. I decided to leave out the crucial "crunch" part of the muffin and just stick to the basic batter. But I threw in some extra spice in there to make up for the lack of crunch.

The result: A tender and moist mango lassi muffin spiced with just a hint of cardamom. In all honesty, I've only had mango lassi once in my life so I can't vouch for this tasting exactly like it, but I can tell you that this is the softest, fluffiest muffin I've ever eaten. And I've had my share of awesome muffins.


Admittedly, I sort of messed up on the flour measurement because I used two different types of measuring cups, so the first dozen muffins kind of sank in the middle. Okay not kind of, they did. But the second dozen came out much better, thankfully. Both batches were absolutely scrumptious though and my family officially declared this one a keeper.


Mango Lassi Muffins

Yield: approximately 24 muffins
Print Friendly and PDF

Ingredients:

1 and 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
pinch of vanilla powder (or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup plain yogurt 
2 cups fresh mangoes, chopped


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°.

In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and oil. Add the eggs one at a time, beating until incorporated. Beat in vanilla.

Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cardamom and salt in a medium bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, alternating with the yogurt, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary and beating until just incorporated. Fold in the chopped mangoes.

Line a muffin tin with paper liners and spoon or scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each one about 2/3 of the way full. 

Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until muffins are slightly browned at the edges and golden across the top, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool slightly before unmolding. 

Adapted from Scarletta Bakes

You Might Also Like

No comments

Post a Comment

Follow @confessionsofaconfectionista