Printfriendly

Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

no

Featured Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

yes

Display Instagram Footer

no

Dark or Light Style

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Snick-a-Tella Ice Cream Cake



Precisely what I was thinking when I decided to make an ice cream cake involving brownies and Nutella while I was fasting, I do not know. It certainly wasn't one of the finest decisions I've ever made, I can tell you that. That being said, I absolutely have no regrets. Look at this cake... how could I?


If you think those chopped up Snickers bars and chocolate drizzle look good, then you better hold on to your seats for what is yet to come. There are not one, not two, not even three, but four layers of awesomeness to this bad boy. And side note: I will not be held responsible for any damages your computer screen may sustain as you try to reach out and grab a slice.



So let's get started. First and bottommost, there's a layer of chewy, fudgy brownies, because obviously all great desserts start out with a brownie base. Next, a layer of vanilla ice cream, because, well, you can't have an ice cream cake without ice cream.



Following the layer of vanilla ice cream is --wait for it-- a layer of chocolatey/Nutella-fied Rice Krispies, because we all love that crunchy part of ice cream cakes and why not make the crunchy part even better by throwing in some Nutella. And by even better, I mean, more addictive. And finally, topping the crispy Nutella layer is another layer of vanilla ice cream because people usually like to scream for more ice cream and this cake just wants to be able to provide that before all the screaming happens.



Corniness aside, how many of you have just decided that you will be making this cake very soon? If you're anything like me, the words brownies and Nutella had you sold from the first paragraph. You didn't even have to read through the description of the layers.



So are you ready to see what a complete slice of this cake looks like? Assuming you haven't scrolled down in excitement already? You are? Okay...voila!



I hope you'll excuse the lack of better photography, my dears. You see, that's the thing with making desserts(particularly cakes) for dinner parties during Ramadan. You can't actually cut into them until it's dessert time, and that is obviously way past daylight hours. Thank goodness we have the powers of Instagram on our side.

Let's be honest though, Instagram didn't have to do much work here. I mean, this cake shines in even the dimmest of lighting. It's beautiful, melting ice cream and all. It's even more beautiful in your mouth, with all it's components complementing each other in glorious harmony. I know I said earlier that I had no regrets about choosing to make this cake, but I do regret one thing. And that is the fact that I didn't make two of this cake, so that I'd have one for the party and one all to myself :)


Snick-a-Tella Ice Cream Cake

Yield: One 9-inch round cake
Print Friendly and PDF

Ingredients:

1 box of brownie mix
1 half gallon vanilla ice cream
2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup Nutella
2+ cups Rice Krispies cereal
2 Snickers bars (I used one bar)

Directions:

Prepare and bake the brownie mix as directed, in a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside to cool. 

Set the vanilla ice cream out at room temperature to soften. Once it has softened slightly, scoop it out into a large bowl and stir it. It should have an easy consistency for spreading; still pretty thick but soft. 

Stick pieces of parchment or wax paper along the sides of the pan. Spread half of the ice cream onto the brownie layer. Freeze for about 30 minutes, or until hardened. Keep the remaining ice cream in the freezer or refrigerator.

Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips with the butter in a small saucepan over low heat, or in a microwaveable bowl. When melted and smooth, stir in the Nutella. Then, stir in the Rice Krispies cereal until well-coated.  

When the first ice cream layer has hardened, spread the Nutella Rice Krispie mixture on top of it. Then re-stir and spread the remaining ice cream on top of the Nutella mixture.

Chop up the Snickers bars into small chunks. Sprinkle on top the cake. (Because I left my remaining ice cream in the fridge, it was nearly melted and so I had to let the second layer of  ice cream get hard again before sprinkling the chopped Snickers bars).

For an optional chocolate drizzle, heat 1/4 cup heavy cream in the microwave until hot. Place 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips in a small bowl and pour the hot cream over the chips. Let it sit for a second and then stir until chocolate is smooth. Let cool slightly before drizzling. 

Freeze for about 5 hours. Serve immediately upon removing from freezer.

You Might Also Like

No comments

Post a Comment

Follow @confessionsofaconfectionista